There are 2 likely scenarios:
1. The postal worker put it in the wrong mailbox, or
2. What often happens is that a postal worker will scan in all the packages saying they were “successfully delivered” then spend that day and/or the next day delivering it.
If you do not get your package 2 days after the expected delivery date, let us know and we will file a trace with the post office. Canada Post will file an investigation which can take 5 business days to complete. If they can locate the package, they will ship it to you and you’ll get it a few days later. If it’s deemed “unrecoverable”, we will send you a 1x replacement free of charge.
From Canada Post
The investigation involves contacting the addressee to confirm delivery, or to better understand how they receive their mail and, as applicable, if they checked:
- With the front desk, security or mail room at the receiving address to see if someone else accepted the item on their behalf
- Their Community Mail Box for the item or parcel compartment key
- Around their property to see if the item was left in a safe location or in a mailbox attached to their home.
In rare cases, a delivery scan is entered into our system before the item is delivered. If you become aware that the addressee has received the item before we contact you, simply reply to this e-mail indicating the item has been received.”
Our store is available 24/7 online at www.redeyedelivery.caPlease note: All mail orders paid for before 3pm will be shipped that day. Mail orders paid for after 3pm will be shipped the following day,
If you’re tracking your package on the Canada Post website and it looks like it’s headed to the wrong city, it’s most likely due to human error at Canada Post. Human errors happen on occasion as the postal employee has to manually enter each postal code in the system and if they are off by a digit/letter, it can cause a routing error and subsequent delay of 1-2 days.
If you’re tracking your package on Canada Post’s website and it has not updated in sometime, it’s most likely due to your package missing a scan, which is fairly common.
More often than not, members get their packages on time or a day later. If you do not receive it 2 days after your expected date, let us know so we can file a trace with the post office.
If a trace is filed, Canada Post will conduct an investigation (which can take 5 business days to complete). If they can locate the package, they will ship it to you and you’ll get it a few days later. If it’s deemed “unrecoverable”, we will send you a 1 time replacement package, free of charge.
© Red Eye Delivery 2016-2021